Friday, December 17, 2010

I Heart Faces -- Fix it Friday #81 -- Photo Edits


I recently discovered the website I Heart Faces.  It's a fun website with photography challenges, tips, interviews, etc.  One of the things they do is "Fix it Friday" where participants can download an original photo and make any edits they want, then share it on the I Heart Faces website.  I decided to try it out!

Here is the original photo (not by me):


Here is one edit I did, solely in Adobe Lightroom:


I applied a preset called "Angels Light" I picked up from a talented photographer who sells and sometimes gives away presets Nelli's Lightroom Presets.   Then I bumped up the reds, oranges and yellows to give it a more autumn-like feel.  I put in a touch of fill light to bring out the detail in the woman's jacket, and that was it. 

And another one, because I love close-up crops (also in Lightroom):


This one I did even less work on.  (Maybe it shows... ha ha)  I applied a preset called "Free Bird", lightened a bit, and added a subtle vignette. 

I'll be doing most of their "Fix it Fridays" and photo challenges each week from now on, so keep a look out for them.  Except this week their theme is pet photos and we don't have any pets, so I'll have to wait till next week... or try to borrow someone else's pet... :)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your warm version! The crop is fun too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the close up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I loved having photos of other people to play around with -- I think my kids are tired of me taking their pictures all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they both look great but I especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit my little corner of the world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...