Monday, February 14, 2011

Easy Taco Soup Recipe

One of my favorite things in winter time, when it's cold (I hate being cold), is having a bowl of soup to warm me up.  A favorite of mine is taco soup.  I love how easy and quick it is, especially since I tend to procrastinate fixing dinner.  For the ground beef part I've been using a vegetarian alternative which I can just throw in with everything else and heat. 

IMG_4874



Taco Soup

1 pound ground beef (or substitute)
1-2 T oil
1 large onion
2 cans (15 oz) black beans
2 cans (15 oz) corn (or frozen corn)
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
2 cans (15 oz or 1 can 28 oz) crushed tomatoes
2 c water (adjust to desired consistency)
1 packet taco seasoning -- see recipe here

Sour cream
Shredded cheese

If using ground beef, cook in frying pan, drain, and set aside.  Pour oil in stock pot and heat to nearly medium heat.  Chop onion, add to stock pot and cook until tender.  Add remaining ingredients (except cheese and sour cream), including ground beef or substitute, and heat until boiling.  Serve topped with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.


IMG_4886
I didn't have cilantro or parsley to garnish, so I had to use  a celery top!

I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. That looks TASTY! And I love the addition of the celery top! Nice addition of color :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, thank you for taking the time to visit my little corner of the world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...